It is possible that due to the coronavirus you are considering how to organize an intimate wedding . And I understand you perfectly, because it is a topic that is being discussed more and more on social networks and in the Atelier.
If there is something that I love about my Mimètik Brides, it is their variety: of tastes, of ages, of lifestyles... I learn a lot with them in the showroom when little by little, between changing and changing dresses, they open up and telling more personal things. But, despite this variety that seems super enriching to me, there is something that they all have in common: they want to shine like never before and feel authentic on their wedding day .
In some cases, that means having an intimate wedding, or small wedding , with your loved ones. On other occasions, it is a big party, in a rustic atmosphere, but with many people.
With the pandemic, many of my Mimètik Brides have changed their initial plans: they have moved the celebration a few months, they have moved the date to 2021, or they have decided to go ahead and have a small celebration now and a bigger party when they can.
If you find yourself in the latter case, or if you have always been in love with small weddings , I hope this article gives you many ideas. In the end, in addition, I will tell you a little secret!
A small wedding: Less is more
"Less is more" is one of my life mantras. That is why, for example, I am fascinated by Mies Van Der Rohe or my Mimètik are infinity dresses, very versatile and combinable. In the case of a wedding, "less is more" means that everything will be much more meaningful to you. If there are fewer people, it will be above all those who occupy a special place in your heart and you will be able to dedicate much more time and attention to them . Also, that everything will be reduced to what you really want, without external pressure. Not to mention that it will mean a reduction in the wedding budget. And, with these covid spikes, it's a great way to make you and your guests feel safer.
How to organize an intimate or family wedding
The organization of an intimate wedding is very similar to that of any other wedding, but with some special characteristics:
- Make your own Pinterest folder, your Excel and your Keep: I love to start everything with creativity and order. Both things, although they seem contradictory, can go hand in hand and will help you throughout the planning process . In addition, this way it will be somewhere more than your mind and your partner can be 100% involved in each step. With Pinterest you will have all the inspiration possible. Also with Instagram, but Pinterest allows you to have several boards with different themes and share it with whoever you want. Watch out! It's addictive and once you start... Excel will help you to control the budget and have the different providers in one place, with their characteristics, their pros and cons, their price... I'll explain more about budgets in this article: Your wedding budget . And the Keep will allow you to write down those ideas that suddenly come to you when you are with your friends, reading a story to your children, on the way to work... at the most unthinkable moment. And yes, the Keep list can also be shared.
- Calculate the number of guests: This point, if it is always important, imagine yourself at a small wedding! To be considered a small or intimate wedding , there should be no more than 50 guests. Furthermore, with the coronavirus pandemic, we are likely talking about many, many fewer.
- Normally, it is recommended to make two lists, one for the groom and the other for the bride, and gradually eliminate those people who are not the closest ones. In the case of a wedding during the coronavirus pandemic , perhaps it is best to start with the closest family and expand only slightly. As on so many other occasions, let your heart guide you.
- If you're having a bigger party next year, let those friends and family know you haven't invited to the intimate celebration . They will understand you, especially if your decision is motivated by health restrictions, and they will like to feel included in your plans for the future.
- Decide the place of the celebration: Do you know what is the best thing about an intimate wedding or a wedding with few attendees ? That it can take place in many more places: a hermitage, a creek, in the forest, a farmhouse, the garden of the town house, the roof of an urban building... These days, a friend of mine has got married on a roof, She was gorgeous and radiated happiness! Everything was small and charming, full of details that she herself had prepared.
- Think about personal details: If you like DIY as much as I do (that's how I started Mimètik during the 2011 crisis!), this occasion will be great for you to unleash all your creativity. Instead of thinking about suppliers that make you the invitations, the stamps, the wedding gifts... you can do everything yourself. It may take a little longer than expected, but the result will be wonderful. I am sure that your guests will be moved by every little detail, from those that have to do with decoration to those that are souvenirs for them. Have you thought that then the gifts can be personalized? I smile just imagining it, because I'm sure you already have an idea in your head that you want to put into practice. It will be a charming little wedding .
- Have that themed wedding you've always wanted! With a wedding with few guests , you can let your imagination run wild and do whatever crazy thing you can think of. Aren't you just surrounded by your loved ones? They know you better than anyone, they support you in everything and they want to see you shine like never before. So yes, do that Ibizan wedding that you have always dreamed of, on the beach and with everyone in white. One of my Mimètik Brides did a celebration like this and it was amazing: Clio + Joao: an "all white" Mediterranean wedding . Or celebrate that medieval wedding, following the theme of Game of Thrones, or steampunk, or totally hippie, inspired by the 60s… Your wedding, your rules!
- Participation of the guests: in a small wedding or family wedding , the celebration can become a great moment for everyone to have their role. Is any friend a musician? Can your closest friends help you make a spectacular entrance? At Drita's wedding, for example, her son, dressed as a very vintage paper boy from the early 20th century, shouted “Extra, extra! They're getting married!" just before they came in with some colored flares. Sounds TOTAL to me.
- The banquet: Although the intimate wedding allows you to have a buffet-style banquet, the truth is that if you are reading this article because of the coronavirus, it is best that the food be on the tables and that both the movement of people and the the possibility of touching utensils or that there are common utensils. Also, it is a good idea to think about outdoor celebrations or outdoor banquets , where there is good air circulation. If you like rustic and alternative as much as I do, the truth is that this is not a problem. Eating while watching the sun hide among the vineyards or being surrounded by olive trees, for example, seems to me to be a magical moment to always remember.
The ideal wedding dress for an intimate wedding
So far we have talked about the wedding as a social celebration. Which it is, even when it comes to a family wedding . But now I want you to focus totally on yourself. Have you already imagined how your dress will be? Are you looking for your ideal boho dress? With a Mimètik, you will feel authentic, comfortable and you will have all the versatility to modify the dress throughout the day; for example, wearing it one way at the signing and another during the banquet. A Mimètik is the ideal wedding dress for that rustic wedding you are planning. It has been the option chosen for my Mimètik Brides, whether they got married in a vineyard, like Jessica + Joan , or in the mountains, like Mònica + Óscar , in a forest, in a farmhouse…
If you are in a hurry to receive your dress because you are getting married, you cannot miss this article: Ready-to-ship boho wedding dress: how to choose yours . If it's a fall wedding , you'll love this article: Boho Wedding Dresses for a Perfect Fall Wedding . And if you have time and want to go step by step, start with our Bridal Collection . You will see the different shades and the quality and softness of our fabrics.
In any case, I'll take the opportunity to give you some very quick ideas, such as our Best-Sellers of boho wedding dresses :
- This model is a Vintage Gala , and it is the one that my Mimètik Brides fall in love with the most. Whenever it appears in stories, I receive many questions, reactions with emojis or the comments "It's beautiful", "'I married this Mimètik!". It is a base with an infinity dress, which can be in Ivory or Champagne, and a lace overdress, which you can choose between Ivory, Champagne, Golden or Rose Quartz.
Here I show you a Marie Essential . I find it so simple and elegant... I couldn't like it more! You can wear it alone and you will shine like never before. Add those accessories that make you feel authentic and you'll have it. As I have already explained to you with the Gala, you can find it in both Ivory and Champagne. The difference? In Ivory you will have more contrast with your skin if you are brunette and it will be more classic, even with a more lingerie and sensual point. In Champagne it is very vintage and more suitable for fair-skinned girls.
You can wear the Marie alone, but you can also use it as a base and have other accessories that make you feel “more dressed”. You can even do the following: wear it one way to the civil or religious celebration, perhaps with a shawl, a lace bolero or an overdress that makes you feel more elegant, and then just the dress, to feel freer and more comfortable. So Eli did, wearing a bolero at Rose Quartz at City Hall, and then just the dress at the party with her own. It is so versatile that you have a thousand options!
Be part of the Mimètik Brides community
If you have come this far, you deserve to be told a secret: if you sign up for our Newsletter , you will have a 10% discount on your first purchase. In addition, I give recommendations, I show other Mimètik Brides so that you can be inspired and, sometimes, there is Vente Privée.
Do you want more? There is more. I invite you to come to Instagram . I love the vicilla we have there. Once a week we show Mimètik Brides, which will inspire you and, in the future and if you want, I could explain your story! We also explain the different collections, show products, answer all your queries... I'm sure you'll love the beautiful atmosphere we're creating. Even if you are shopping online, I want you to feel accompanied by both the Mimètik Team and the rest of Mimètik Brides and Mimètik Lovers.
Can you help me decide the next article?
I'm already thinking about my next article. Would you like to know what a "nuptial elopement" is? If you don't know the term, don't think of Romeo and Juliet: go to Instagram and look for the hashtags #elopement #elopementwedding #adventurewedding or #elopementphotography. I'm sure you'll end up as fascinated as I am. Would you like me to write about it?