What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer via Web pages. They Are tools that have an essential role for the provision of numerous services of the information society. Among others, they allow a Web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his computer and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of Cookies
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, they can be
distinguish two types:
• Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
• Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself but the information that is
collect through these are managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the period of time they remain stored in the client’s browser,
it may be:
• Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. It
usually used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
• Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a
period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
• Technical cookies: those that allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, make the process of purchasing an order, make
requesting registration or participation in an event, using security elements while browsing, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
• Personalization cookies: allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which access esacity, the locale from which you access the service, etc.
• Analysis cookies: allow the person responsible for them, the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the
users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is
used in measuring the activity of websites, applications or platforms and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of users of such sites, applications and platforms, in order to make improvements based on the analysis of usage data that users of the service.
• Advertising cookies: allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
• Behavioural advertising cookies: they store information about user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows to develop a specific profile to show advertising based on it.
• External social media cookies: they are used so that visitors can interact with the content of different social platforms (facebook, youtube, twitter, linkedIn, etc.) and that are generated only for the users of those social networks. The conditions of use of these cookies and the information collected
Disabling and deleting cookies
You Have the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may not be operational. The Way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can Also see the browser Help menu where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies they want to work on this website.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the
browser installed on your computer:
• Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
• Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
• Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
• Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
• Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following:
• Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
• Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used in mimetikbcn.com:
This Web site uses the following cookiesof its own:
- Session Cookies, to ensure that users who write comments on the blog are human and not automated applications. This is how spamis fought.
This Web site uses the following third-party Cookies:
- Google Analytics: It Stores cookies to be able to elaborate statistics on the traffic and volume of visits of this web. By using this website you are consenting to the processing of information about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any right in this sense should do so By communicating directly with Google.
- Social Networks: Each social network uses its own cookies so you can click on buttons of The type I like or share.
The following identifies the cookies that are being used in this portal as well as its typology and function:
With This information it is possible to carry out the following actions:
• Accept cookies. This notice will Not be reviewed when accessing any page of the portal during this session.
• Close. The notice is hidden on this page.
• Modify your settings.
You can learn more about what cookies are, know the mimetikbcn.com Cookies Policy and modify your browser settings.